Monday, February 4, 2013

Eisley update and baby crafting how-to

So this blog has been on the back burner for a while.  I have been so busy with Eisley and house work! Eisley is going through a phase where she doesn't want to be put down...like EVER!  I think she may be teething as well.  My poor little lady.  I think the last time I posted, I mentioned something about a weekend full of projects for the house?  Yeah well that didn't happen. :( It turned out to be a packed weekend!  We still had a good time though anyway!  Since I last posted, Eisley has started solid foods. So far just avocado which she LOVES and we may try sweet potatoes this week.





Looks pretty yucky huh?! haha I can tell that this is going to be a fun journey of trying new foods!  I am doing a no sweets till her 1st birthday rule though.  Mean mommy?  Maybe so, I just don't like the idea of a baby having sweets so young.  Just my personal opinion.  Anyway, I can't believe that she is coming up on 5 months already! It is the strangest thing.  I still have yet to make her outfit! I'm cutting it pretty close here.  I also have an Etsy order I need to fulfill this week! Ahhh crafting overload!  Hopefully Eisley naps reeeeeaaallllyyy well this week.  Oh but that reminds me! Eisley made her first craft with me a week ago!
She made one for grandma's birthday
and one for mommy and daddy!

You are going to want a happy and fed baby for this project.

Ingredients:  
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup of salt
(I used idolized salt because of the texture and it gave a sparkly look)
kneed dough, roll out or flatten between hands and form a circle
place child's hand in dough and use a straw to make a hole for hanging. 
Bake in the oven on parchment paper
200 degrees for about 3 hours or until dry.

pretty simple eh?

Well, my hubby is about home and we gotta go run a few errands.  Have a blessed day! <3





No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Carissa Hemingway. I love serving God and love this life He has so graciously blessed me with. I'm a wife to a wonderful man named Aaron and a mommy to a sweet baby girl named Eisley!