Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hello 2013!

Farewell 2012 and hello 2013!! I have had an amazing last couple of years! In 2011,  I finished school and I married my best friend and love of my life, Aaron, and in 2012 we welcomed our baby girl Eisley!! Yes, we wasted no time getting a family started.  It wasn't more than 6 months later that I found out that we were expecting.  It was the best thing to ever happen to us.  She is 3 1/2 months old right now and I can't put into words how much joy she brings to us!  We can't wait to see what God has in store for us this year!  I think I am most looking forward to watching our baby grow outside of the womb this year. Heehee!  This year is bringing on a lot of changes.  For us being new parents, it has brought on a lot of different challenges and opened up new opportunities for growth and re-evaluation of our lives.  Before Eisley was born, I had plans of just going about our lives as we normally did. I mean, why not right?  I clearly had no clue what it was going to be like to be a mom.  The moment I saw Eisley, I had an overwhelming feeling of love pour down over me.  She was stunning! Not so much because she was our daughter and I think she's beautiful, but because she is part of God's plan, we just helped God in making a miracle happen! I was amazed in seeing God's beauty really come to life right before my very eyes!  At that point, I felt like God had new plans for me.  So much time has gone by since that day and during that time, we have needed to make prayerful decisions.  I can't really think of a time when I have heard God's voice so clearly up until now.  After much prayer, guidance, evaluation, and listening, we've decided that I will be a stay at home mom.  One would think that this decision would be FAIRLY easy to make.  First thing people get scared about, like I did, is financial security but once I got past that, came the sentimental feelings I have about my job as a Braille Transcriber.  I seriously have had the best job with the best co workers anyone could ask for.  It was my mom's old job position at the same school site and where Aaron and I used to go to school as kids, and with co workers that were my mom's friends and who have watched me grow up!  It is time to move on though and begin a new chapter in my life and of my little family's life.  God is moving us on a new path and it's His path, not ours.  We have no clue where He will take us but we just know we are His for the taking!

Here are a few photos leading up to now!
Our wedding day!
  

<3

Our first look at our little peanut. :)

It's a Girl!

The typical baby bump shot.

First photo of Eisley ever taken!

Eisley Mae Hemingway 
September 12, 2012
5lbs 8oz
at 7:02 pm




Our little princess!

Happy New Year! (our midnight kiss)

First day of 2013!











No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
My name is Carissa Hemingway. I love serving God and love this life He has so graciously blessed me with. I'm a wife to a wonderful man named Aaron and a mommy to a sweet baby girl named Eisley!